Purpose & Scope
Sustainability performance is one of the deciding factors in Autoliv’s sourcing strategy. This Supplier Code of Conduct (“Supplier Code”) sets the expectations all suppliers must commit to as an Autoliv partner. It applies to all suppliers, their employees, agents, suppliers, and subcontractors who are doing business with or for Autoliv. To the extent not replicated in their own supplier contracts, all suppliers must ensure that their suppliers and subcontractors comply with applicable laws and regulations and with the principles expressed in this Supplier Code. All suppliers are expected to, at all times, carry out appropriate due diligence on their suppliers with a relation to Autoliv business. This Supplier Code draws upon the Autoliv Code of Conduct (Saving Lives with Integrity) and the following charters and conventions, as well as relevant international laws and regulations:
- The United Nations Global Compact
- The United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles & Rights at Work
- OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- The Global Automotive Sustainability Guiding Principles
- UK Modern Slavery Act
All suppliers must conduct themselves in accordance with relevant local laws and regulations. However, when the standards of this Supplier Code are stricter than local laws, all suppliers must follow this Supplier Code (except when doing so would be illegal).
We believe that complying with this Supplier Code and therefore following the standards that Autoliv expects of itself will lay the foundation for successful and sustainable business relationships.